The Purpose of Family Discipleship Ministry at Village Church
Come alongside families to equip parents and the congregation in the training of our children to know and to love the Lord Jesus Christ.
It is our biblical hope that in being faithful to the Covenant promise initiated by our Lord in baptism, that our children will mature into fully mature, believing, and serving members of the universal Body of Christ.
How Village Church Does Family Discipleship
- Proclaiming the Gospel in word and deed to the children of our church
- Equipping and encouraging parents in the biblical shepherding of their children
- Involving the congregation in the Christian nurture of our children
- Integrating our children into the life of the congregation and the Body of Christ as appropriate to their age
- Challenging and equipping our children to bring the hope of the Gospel to a lost and broken world in word and deed
We strive to do these things in Holy Spirit-enabled, faithful obedience to Jesus Christ and the Word of God.
WE WORSHIP TOGETHER
All children, from the newest baby to the Senior in High School, join us for the first half of the service for worship.
We integrate children into all aspects of the church’s life for a few reasons:
- To engage children in a process that increases their sense of ownership in the ministry of the congregation.
- Intergenerational worship keeps families worshiping together, providing a common experience in faith that promotes family discipleship through the week.
WE ARE PART OF COMMUNITY
Even children are building community!
Children Kindergarten and younger
We invite you to Sunday School during the second half of the Sunday Morning service.
If you’re new to Village Church, please register your child at the children’s hospitality table in the back hallway before the service or after the Passing of the Peace.
Nursery: Independently sitting up - 24 months
Infants and Toddlers experience God’s love through the nurturing of Village Church Children’s Discipleship team members in a fun and safe environment. The Toddlers listen to short Bible stories, and interact with their peers in a colorful play atmosphere.
Preschool: 2– 6 years old (Kindergarten)
Our Preschoolers are ready to learn about establishing and growing a relationship with God through foundational stories from God’s Word. The Word comes to life through Village Church Children’s Discipleship teachers in creative play and storytelling.
- 2 & 3 year olds (for children who turn two by Sept. 1st) meet in the “Yellow Room”
- 4 & 5 year olds (for children who turn 4 by Sept. 1st) meet in the “Purple Room”
Children 1st grade and older
Big Kids: 1st—8th Grade
We love to keep families and various generations together as much as possible and believe we all have a lot to learn from each other. Because of this desire, when Village Kids enter 1st grade they “graduate” into sitting in the full worship service.
Immediately following the service the “Big Kids” gather in the “Brown Room” for lunch, Bible lessons, music, prayer, crafts, games and community projects to experience the truth of God’s word.
WE STUDY TOGETHER
All children study the same passage of scripture at various learning levels. We love this because the entire family can participate in discussion about what they’re learning when they get home.
The Gospel Project takes kids on a chronological journey through God’s big story—the story of redemption weaved through Scripture, from Genesis to Revelation. When kids truly experience the gospel, their hearts are transformed. It is the gospel, not good behavior, that changes everything.
SERVE THE KIDS
What is your gift? What do you enjoy? We have a place for YOU!
- Love babies? Serve in the Nursery.
- Enjoy lots of play? Be a preschool volunteer
- Crave a good discussion? Be a group leader for Elementary kids
- Life of the party? Help out with special events
- Baking? Art? Sports? We have a place for that!
Fill out our volunteer form and someone will contact you with more details.